Table of Contents
Who we are
The Interconnection of Military Hospitals is a project under the auspices of South Eastern Europe Defence Ministerial Process and aims at promoting cooperation, research and training among health care personnel of Military Hospitals (or public Hospitals serving military personnel).
From the moment users become registered members of IMIHO web site, the following rules are considered accepted. In case a member doesn’t follow these rules, the national administrators have the right to suspend or even delete the membership of the user.
- All members are obliged not to reveal the identity of patients when posting content (name, cases descriptions and personal information). For reference purposes, an non-identifying alias may be used instead.
- Photographs, videos, etc, showing facial or distinctive characteristics need the patient’s approval to be posted.
- Any posted content will not violate other persons’ rights and copyright rules.
- Information posted on the IMIHO website should not have copyright or limitation that preclude its publication. However, the contributor can provide a link to the copyrighted content, if available on-line, or provide a reference. In case of copyright infringements, the offending content will be unpublished.
- Every member has the right to report content as inappropriate by contacting the national administrator.
- Members, whose content was reported as inappropriate and removed, will be warned. If he/she continues posting inappropriate content, his/her account will be deleted.
- All medical content has to have a specific date of creation and a last modification date.
- You have to clearly indicate the recognized, scientific or official sources of health information quoted in your articles. If you used another website, a book, an article, a database or any other support, it has to be specified. The references specified have to lead us to the article mentioned. You have to provide a precise link to the source, whenever it is possible and the references should be in relation with the content referred.
- All opinions, views and suggestions posted in the IMIHO website is provided for advisory or experience sharing purposes only. Information on the IMIHO forums, without formal publication in a respective medical publication, does not constitute endorsement from the medical community or other IMIHO members.
- Users must differentiate medical facts and approved practices from their personal expert opinions or estimations. If you post personal experience, this has to be declared explicitly. In any other case, the source must be given.It is very important to clarify, that these expert opinions are provided only as suggestions or personal views and should be taken under consideration with caution.
- The responsibility for the diagnosis and treatment of patients lies completely on the hospital and the medical personnel assigned to the specific case.
- No anonymous posts are allowed in the IMIHO forums Users need to log on by using their credentials. In this way, user identity is verified, provided that no account sharing takes place; a practice that is not allowed and is unnecessary, since accounts are provided free of charge.
- Moderation or verification of content will be handled by national administrators or expert users, by default upon submission of new (unpublished) content, request or complaint from other members.
- Translation of content is automatic and may contain errors; thus should be used with caution by the medical professionals.
This website has taken every possible measure, in order cases’ data are protected.
However, members of IMIHO web site will not:
- Try to gather personal data from posted cases.
- Take part in illegal commercial activities.
- Upload malware or other virus infected files.
- Sign in the web site with other member’s credentials.
- Harass other members.
- Encourage other members to take part in illegal activities.
- Publish discussions with other members without their prior consent.
Furthermore, it is accepted that as members of the web site, you will not:
- Give any personal details that are not yours.
- Mention your sign in credentials to others.
- Post any classified information.
Possible implications on sensitive political issues (nation names, etc) will be dealt according to international regulations.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
You may contact us by clicking here.